Housing & Emergency Services
Catholic Family Center offers various emergency services for families and individuals. Services include crisis intervention/basic needs services: food pantry, prescription assistance, housing issues, holiday programs, financial assistance and case management for families in economic crisis.
To learn more about each service please use the navigation menu on the left.
Overview of Our Services
Community Resource Services (CRS) is Catholic Family Center's emergency services provider for families and individuals seeking emergency assistance for immediate basic needs of daily life. CRS has been providing basic needs services for almost 30 years, with the goal of stabilizing individuals and families that are in crisis.
- Services include crisis intervention/basic needs services: food pantry, prescription assistance, housing issues, holiday programs, financial assistance and case management for families in economic crisis
- Self-serve pantry, enabling clients to shop for the food most beneficial to themselves and their families.
- Our walk-in hours are 9:00-1:00 and appointments if necessary can be made between 2:00-4:00
- Application/entry assistance for all emergency programs, visit Monroe County Department of Human Services at 691 St. Paul St., Rochester, 14605 – or – call 211.2,700 people served in 2013
- Three emergency shelters: two for women and women with children, one for men; client-focused approach provides individualized case management and supportive counseling to break the cycle of homelessness and stabilize clients’ lives
- Serves Monroe County residents, both individuals and families, who are homeless
- In 2016, 2,727 individuals were served in emergency housing