To learn more about each service please use the navigation menu on the left.
Overview of Our Services
Advocacy - Local, State, and National / CFC
- Partners with the Diocesan Public Policy Committee to promote advocacy on social justice issues at the state and federal level.
- Works locally on Monroe County issues that threaten the well-being of the poor and vulnerable.
Catholic Family Center is committed to collaborating with parishes to support their ministries to the poor and vulnerable, encourage community engagement and educate parishioners about the rich tradition of Catholic social teaching. We:
- Convene parish social ministers and provide training and information on social justice principles and issues,
- Provide timely information on resources, events and issues to parish staff, social ministers and other subscribers through the weekly e-mail newsletter, Salt & Light, and the Diocesan monthly, Justice, Peace and Life, and
- Serve as the local conduit for Catholic Relief Services and Catholic Campaign for Human Development programs and grants.
- Hunger Grants, funded by parish Rice Bowl collections and the Catholic Courier's Christmas Appeal, and
- Catholic Campaign for Human Development Grants which fund community organizations that address the root causes of poverty through systemic change and training the poor to speak for themselves.
The weekly e-mail newsletter, Salt & Light, has resources for parish bulletins and up-to-date information on issues, diocesan and parish activities, and justice education sources. To add your name to the distribution list contact Ruth Marchetti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We offer local support and information for JustFaith Ministries providing a variety of programs that use a small-group model to help individuals expand their understanding of Catholic social teaching and grow in faith including
- the original JustFaith program,
- shorter modules on justice topics
- Good News People, a new program for adult evangelization
- and much more
Following our mission, founded on Catholic principles that call us to respect and preserve the dignity of all people, Catholic Family Center serves all who need our services without discrimination. Those principles are expressed in writings from popes and bishops' conferences and create a foundation for our work of advocacy and outreach.
We provide local support for the work of:
- Catholic Charities USA,
- The New York State Catholic Conference and the
- U.S Conference of Catholic Bishops
Especially in the areas of advocacy, fair trade and collections for CRS Rice Bowl and the catholic Campaign for Human Development.