Each year, Catholic Family Center helps more than 64,000 people overcome obstacles in their lives that prevent them from reaching their full potential. We can’t do it without your help.
One of the major reasons people volunteer is for the satisfaction of having a direct impact on the lives of a person or family in need – to “give back” with their own hands.
Community service is also a great teacher of compassion for children and young adults, and can serve as a rewarding and meaningful group activity for any organization – from youth groups to seniors.
As you read the following, you will discover many opportunities for your group or yourself to become involved in this work. We can’t do it without you.
Take a look below – and call our Volunteer Services Office at (585) 262-7172.
- Collect toothpaste, toothbrushes, bar soap, deodorant, shampoo, lotion, combs and brushes, and assemble hospitality packs for people staying at our homeless shelters
- Collect linens and bedding for our shelters
- Collect winter clothing in good condition for men, women & children
- Collect new or gently used toys, children’s videos, toddler toys and games for our children
- Collect school supplies
- Assemble items from the wish list of one of our programs
- Deep clean a room at a shelter
- Strip and wax a floor
- Sort donations
- Clean a basement
- Do a chore project in an elderly person’s home
- Wash windows
- Shampoo carpeting
- Disinfect toys in toy room at a shelter
- Garden, mow lawn, remove snow
- Organize and facilitate a children’s activity at one of our residences
- Coordinate a craft project for women living in our residences
- Create a “portable party” for children living in our residences
- Coordinate a “Do Lunch for the Homeless” activity in your group or community
- Coordinate an “on call” team to set up an apartment in anticipation of a refugee family’s arrival
- Coordinate a “Soup Sale” for Healthy Sisters' Soup & Bean Works
- Organize a team to provide clerical project support to our offices
- Hold a penny drive and donate the money to one of our programs
- Hold a fundraiser for Hannah’s Fund for Moms and Babies
- Buy gift certificates from Wegmans or Tops for food emergencies for our elderly clients
- Hold a fundraiser of your own design for one of our programs